Tuesday, December 20, 2005

bah humbug

I've always been a last minute christmas shopper. When I was younger I use to love waiting til Christmas Eve to go buy my presents. There was something about the urgency of the night which made it all seem so exciting. Now, however, is a different subject. Last night I decide to stop in at WalMart after work to pick up a present for my neice. No sooner did I step inside the door and I knew I was making a mistake. I got about fifty feet inside the store when I cringed from the sound of a screaming baby a couple isles away. I couldn't see it, but I sure could hear the little bugger. Turning from the sound I found myself facing a woman standing a few feet in front of me. WIthout a second thought she turns her head, luckily away from me, and sneezes, sending her infectious body fluids spraying across the air. Wheeling around on my heel I hear someone else coughing. I don't look to see who it is or if their mouth is covered. That's it for me. Quickly heading back to the exit, I hear a whining child screaming at the top of it's lungs, "But I want it! I want it! I want it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home