Friday, May 26, 2006

Housing Sales Fall

Once again the front page of the Sun-Sentinel announces "House sales fall, prices level off as market turns'. This just keeps getting worse and worse. I rue the day I laughed at my neighbor Joe, who has since sold his house and moved to North Carolina, that I didn't care if house prices kept going up. "They'll come down again", I told him. "What do I care. I'm going to live here forever", I said. Can you hear the sound of me hitting my head against the wall.


Now here we are less that a year from that day and housing sales have pretty much stalled. Sales prices are down about 3% and there are three times as many houses on the market as last year.


Last weekend we had yet another open house. Only one couple came in to take a look inside. Quite a difference from the 20+ people which came to the first open house in January. This recent turn of events is proving to be quite stressful for Wendy and I as we try to figure out what we are going to do if this house does not sell before the NC house is finished in August. I suppose that all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope that someone makes us an offer in the next 2 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home